Sunday, February 19, 2006

Blog Challenge

The Challenge is interesting....
Write a character profile for yourself if you had lived in medieval times.

Havent read too many medieval bolos but here goes.

Name.. Tate of Torongo

Physical Characteristics: Tall serf (in the middle ages serfs were the lowest echelon of society. The system work from the king and downward... The king gave his nobles or "fiefs" land in exchange for them supplying him with men for his armies. The fiefs then allowed poor peasants or "serfs" to live on the land and work it but they had to fight his wars and he would protect them. Guess who paid attention in histoty)

Tate of Torongo lives under the brutal lordship of lord Thisguysucks. A young hothead intent on become the kings most trusted noble. As a result he volunteers Tate of Torongo and the rest of the poor decent hard working people on his land for every war.. Including this one.. The most brutal. The war between the king and Lord Longswords from the deepest darkest parts of the forest. Longswords opposes the king and appeals to the masses because he will replace the current system and the serfs would have more liberty.. More freedom. So Tate of Torongo likes this dude but Thisguysucks is commanding us to battle him. Also in this time period the law of La Prima Nocte or The Right of The First Night still exists.. The law simply and cruelly states that should any serf get married, his lord is entitled to the first night with the new bride. A law that revulsed society and some lords never practiced but Thisguysucks was really keen on my fiancee who I was due to marry in a few weeks. All the more reason for me to want to see this system toppled.

Using his limited influence Tate of Torongo oragnises his fellow serfs to revolt against Thisguysucks and the king. He organises clandestine (I just really wanted to use that word) meetings in barns and any place where privacy could be found and as a community they plan the sabotage of their lord and his lands. Before long the moment of battle arrives and the people turn on their lord and join in with lord longswords.

Just as victory was in sight, out of the forest came the kings fortified army and they easily defeated the revolutionary forces. Clearly there was an informer in their midst for there was no way the king could have known what was going down and on what side of the fence we stood.

As the people get rounded up and put in torture cells the king comes down to congratulate Tate of Torongo and offere him a Lordship. Yes that's true the man that started the revolution turned on his own people at the prospect of riches and providing for his soon to be bride. The king granted Tate of Torongo vast lands and riches.. But on the first night of his marriage as he prepared to enjoy the blessings of marriage his new wife stuck a knife through his heart and watched him bleed to death.

As he bled she cried
You were my all, my king , my warrior.
Nothing could make me happier than being your wife,
I have longed to be yours for as long as I've had life.
Always your wife, never your queen,
What do all these castles and horses mean?
They mean you have forgotten who you are in pursuit of whats not yours.
You have sold your neighbours for a seat at the table of the king..
He broke their bones and with it my heart..
You were my heart and so you had to die.

And as he bled she cried
You were my all, my king, my warrior, my traitor.

And as he breathed his last breath, and life left his soul. He saw her turn the knife on herself...


think I lost the point halfway through but that was fun

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great entertainment value! I loved it! I think you get to set challenge number 3 for that effort...what do you thing Ermie?

1:26 AM  
Blogger Clovergirl said...

*sniff* it was so sad!

Nice work Tate, I'm linking to you, even though yours is so poetic and shows me up :-)

Do we have a new challenge? Email it to me and thwart the firewall.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home